Business Mentoring with the Sales Master Guild
I am James Davey, a perosnal business growth mentor dedicated to helping you achieve your business goals through online and face to face mentoring. Having worked in industry for many years as well as being a business owner myself, I understand first-hand the struggles that you are experiencing and can help provide you with the skills and techniques you need to overcome them.
Many people dream of owning their own business, but it can be a lonely and scary place when things don't go the way you wanted them to. Whether you are a fledgling entrepreneur in need of someone to help set you off on the right track or an established business owner frustrated that you have not acieved what you feel you should have achieved, please get in touch today for a free online meeting.
Why Do You Need a Business Mentor?
No matter the scale of your business, having someone by your side to guide you, bounce ideas off and help lessen the day-to-day challenges that you are currently facing will help lessen the burden. Often in business, there is nobody you can talk to about business problems without causing them worry. My goal when becoming a business mentor was to allow my clients, whether they are an entrepreneur or an established business, the freedom of enjoying their business and achieving the flexibility most dream of. For most people, this is about achieving the work/life balance that suits you whilst affording you the financial rewards that will give you the security and lifestyle you desire. I want to help you stop working 7 days a week for 2 days money and help you focus on building your business into what it can be. I do this by teaching you how to re-design your business so that it is focused on producing wealth and coaching you on how to achieve that work life balance.
How I Help You Achieve the Next Level of Your Business
As your personal business mentor, I will work with you one-to-one or in one of my online Mentored Peer Group Programmes. I run two types of mentoring groups. Project Blueprint is designed for entrepreneurs and businesses in their early stages where we go through the main elements of running a succesful business to get you off to a positive start. The SMG Peer Group is for more established businesses that want to step up to the next level.
Within both of these programmes, I will help you in getting crystal clear about what you want from your business, your future and help you remember why you started it in the first place. We will then work together to tailor a completely individual business plan to help you achieve your goals and desires. As well as this, I will work to acquire any resources you may need to be successful in the plan.
Helping Business Owners Get From Where They Are Now to Where They Want To Be
The challenges of the past two years have knocked many businesses off course. There has also been a fundamental change to the business environment that we thought we knew and understood.
Has your business moved with the changing times or are you still working on an out of date business model?
James works with ambitious business owners who are frustrated because they know they could be doing a lot better than they actually are, particularly after such a period of fundamental change. James typically works with people want to:
- Turn around a poorly performing business
- Grow their business to the next level
- Prepare their business for sale in the next three years
Where Are You Now?
When did you last take a good look at where your business is today? Is it producing the results you want it to? Is your value proposition right for the market as it is today, or do you need to rethink it in light of changing circumstances?
Knowing your starting point is an essential step to plan for a better future for you and your business.
Where Do You Want to Be?
You wouldn’t start on a journey without deciding your destination, so why don’t business owners properly define their objectives before getting started? Always start with end in mind.
How Will You Get There?
Knowing your objectives is only part of the story. Once you know where you want to go, you need to plan your route to make sure you are moving in the right direction. So many business owners carry on doing what they have always done without lifting up their heads to see if they are on track to achieve their objectives.
Typical Problems James Can Help You Solve.
James works with business owners who find:
- There’s never enough money in the bank
- Margins are shrinking
- Sales are flat-lining
- There’s never enough time to get the important things done
- They spend time putting out fires while their employees play with matches
- Creating business development plans – because if you don’t know where you’re going, you’re not going to get there
- Planning and managing growth – because uncontrolled growth can lead to cashflow problems
- Creating a winning mindset – because the way we think makes a difference to what we achieve
- Defining clear value propositions – because if you don’t know what true benefit you offer, how on earth could your prospects be expected to know?
- Developing marketing plans – because consistent marketing across multiple channels produces positive results
- Honing sales conversations – because nobody likes being sold to. Having a structure in place ensures you always know where you are in the process and enables you to match your prospect’s pain to your solution.
- Managing people – because if people don’t know what’s expected of them, how could they possibly do a good job for you?
- Understanding your finances – because your numbers can tell you what you’re doing well and where you need to improve
- Managing cashflow – because you need to know well in advance if there’s a problem ahead so you can take positive action to mitigate the problem
- Developing profit improvement plans- because however good you are, there’s always room for improvement
- Setting budgets – because you need to be able to translate your business plans into numbers so you can quickly spot when you are getting off track
- Creating meaningful financial reports – because you need to take decisions based on facts not assumptions